The Vario Base Unit is 30% thinner, which means it keeps the weight close to the body and thus guarantees greater comfort.
The tested ABS TwinBag system is integrated in the unit. The Base Unit is supplied with a cover and a cartridge made of high-tensile steel is included. It can be combined with all Vario and Zip-on bags with a capacity of 8-55 litres.
The proven ABS TwinBag System is integrated into the Vario Base Unit and in the event of an emergency can be activated instantly. The Base Unit is designed to withstand the enormous forces that occur during an avalanche. The carrying system meets the requirements of the TÜV for extreme operational demands (PPE Directive 89/686/EEC).
The Vario Base Unit has:
- ABS® TwinBags with buoyancy volume of 170 litres
- Handle plate with activation handle, which is height-adjustable and available in a left-handed version, guaranteeing ease of access in the event of an emergency.
- Zip-on cover, which can easily accommodate emergency equipment, so that minimalists can benefit from a fully operational yet particularly light and narrow airbag backpack.
- Comfortable, padded hip strap for comfort even when carrying a fully laden backpack
- Height-adjustable chest strap and
ergonomically shaped shoulder straps
- Integrated leg strap
- Water-repellent, padded back panel
For optimum fit, the Vario Base Unit is available in two different back lengths: size L is the appropriate choice for a back length of 46 cm or more (top of hip to top of shoulder).
Easily attach different Zip-On packs with volumes of 8 to 55 lighters via zip fasteners: carrying capacity 80kg.
NOTE: THE TRIGGER KIT (cartridge and handle) IS NOT INCLUDED.
- Weight : 2380g (front panel included)
- Burst pressure at least 675 Bar