referencia : CORVUS-F-16
referencia : G2493_5499
Over the last few years, the spectacular evolution in ski touring which has taken place has led to the emergence of wider skis. With skiability remaining our priority, it was a natural step for black crows to develop a fat ski designed for touring.
Our expertise in lighter cores means that we can now offer you the corvus, the mother ship of the squadron, in a freebird version.
The corvus freebird has a lighter Freebird Gene 2 chassis – a paulownia and poplar wood core, covered in three and two directional carbon and glass fibre – and the same new Single Beak and a Half shape as the big mountain model.
Its shape is designed to maximise pleasure on the descent and boasts the same qualities as its avatar – classic camber to give it an alpine DNA, a progressive front rocker combined with an indented sidecut to give it more stability on carved turns and a progressive tail to give an increased sense of security on a flat base and a stronger start to the turn.
This touring ski is light, stable, has good float and represents the start of a new, pleasure-filled, era.
“A corvus with freebird lightness is a corvus which feels as good in your hands as it is does under your feet. This is an excellent ski for doing everything, on all types of terrain - it has a slightly softer flex than its big mountain alter ego but feels great to turn on, a real delight,” reveals Julien Regnier.
A special combination for wide skis :
- Paulownia-poplar with our bidirectional and tridirectional Birds Carbon.
- Biax 300 c, triax 400 c.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)|
High Performance Brakeless Touring Binding
You asked for it and we answered. Enter a sleek, lighter, brakeless version of the ION 12, designed for gram counters, minimalists, and ski mountaineers. The new ION LT 12 is the highest performance binding in its category, weighing in at only 456 g (1 lb) per binding, but still boasting the ION's renowned ski performance and feature set.
To shave the weight we minimized the boot stop and heel rest, and removal of the brakes. Instead the ION LT 12 comes with a set of 2 coiled cable leashes that are easy to install and use with any ski boot.
- Optimal Energy Absoprtion = Maximized energy absorption. Minimized pre-releases.
- Forward Pressure = Maintains consistent release values in landings and compressions.
- Step-In Guidance = Quick, easy & consistent step-in.
- QuickFlick Heel Lifts = Easy to grab with pole or hand.
- User Friendly Heel Rotation = Turn heel in either direction to lock for touring with either hand.
- Single Tool = Pozi Drive #3 for all mounts and adjustments. No heel spacer needed.
- Snow Clearing Channel = Prevents snow buildup, avoids unwanted pre-releases.
|Size||Peso (g)||Unit weight|