referencia : NAVIS-F-16
referencia : G2494_5501
This year sees the second season and a first modernisation for these 102mm pleasure sticks. The navis freebird is 400g lighter per pair, thanks to an evolution in the way in which it's manufactured. This noticeable weight change should delight fans of a touring ski which is both dominant and playful.
For 2016 we decided to trim the big model, going from 187 to 185cm, with a new 19m turning radius which is better suited to ski touring. Wide and easy to handle, this model was designed with the imperative of skiability, which is such an important part of the black crows' spirit, in mind.
The navis freebird has an identical shape to its twin in the freeride range, as well as the same structural traits: single beak and a half profile, classic camber with an early rise tail and a progressive rocker tip.
However its construction has been totally rethought so as to make it lighter thanks to the Freebird Gene 2 technology: a paulownia and poplar wood core covered with three and two directional carbon and glass fibre.
“I would take the 179 version of this ski to cross the Lyngen Alps or for a trip to Patagonia... Light, simple and efficient, it's a ski which has been well-designed for touring. It's good on the climb but really comes into its own on the descent. Steeps, hard or wind-blown snow, powder or spring snow, it will take you anywhere. This is the ski for you if you're an expedition-type skier but it's also perfectly suited to small day tours,” enthuses Bruno Compagnet.
A special combination for wide skis :
- Paulownia-poplar with our bidirectional and tridirectional Birds Carbon.
- Biax 300 c, triax 400 c.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)|
The most accessible ION.
Same renowned feature set as the ION 12, with a lower Release Value 4 – 10. Now you can pick the ION that best matches your skiing! Otherwise it's the same lightweight, high-performance touring binding weighing in at only 585 g (1 lb 4.6 oz) per binding.
- Optimal Energy Absoprtion = Maximized energy absorption. Minimized pre-releases.
- Forward Pressure = Maintains consistent release values in landings and compressions.
- Step-In Guidance = Quick, easy & consistent step-in.
- QuickFlick Heel Lifts = Easy to grab with pole or hand.
- User Friendly Heel Rotation = Turn heel in either direction to lock for touring with either hand.
- Single Tool = Pozi Drive #3 for all mounts and adjustments. No heel spacer needed.
- Snow Clearing Channel = Prevents snow buildup, avoids unwanted pre-releases.
- Powerful, Dependable Brake = Fully retracting spring-loaded brake. Reassuring step-in.
- Heel AFD = Consistent release for all boots, independent of sole type.
|Size||Peso (g)||Unit weight|