You know those days in ski towns when all productivity comes to a screeching halt because a massive dump has locals lined up at the bottom of the mountains?
Ever had a helicopter drop you off on a knife-edged peak with steep, untracked lines beckoning below?
The Spur is made for those days! Blizzard’s professional athletes were asking for a ski made specifically for those days, so we delivered. Enter the Spur.
Stable at high speeds, surfy in turns, pivots through technical terrain, and smears down spines; 125mm underfoot and Carbon Flipcore have revolutionized powder slaying in the Spur.
- Lenghts: 189 cm
- Sidecut: 146-125-134 mm
- Radius: 28.5 m (189 cm)
- Construction: Sandwich Compound Sidewall; Poplar-Bamboo-ISO-Wood, Carbon + Ti Binding Interface
The sidewall built into the ski construction provides the following advantages:
- Improved transmission of skier’s movements to edge
- Constant pressure along the entire length of the ski
- Greater stability of the entire structure
- Impeccable control
- Maximum carving performance
- Rocker Camber Rocker : Ski profile with a rocker at the tip and tail, camber in the middle. Reducing the pressure on the edge at the tip and tail makes the ski even easier to handle and increases floatation on powder snow. The camber guarantees great grip on packed snow in any case.
- Carbon Flipcore : Flipcore Technology revolutionized the perception of what a rockered ski could do. Carbon Flipcore is the evolution of this revolutionary process and sets a new standard for performance in Freeride skis.
By integrating bi-directional carbon fiber into the rockered areas of the tip and tail, we were able to further increase the stability and predictability of our Freeride skis. The rockered sections feel calm and are less prone to vibration. The carbon fiber material in the tip and tail also reduces the swing weight which makes the skis easier to maneuver. From deep pow and skied up crud - to firm groomers and chalky bumps, Carbon Flipcore gives you the feeling that you’re even more connected to the snow than ever before.
- Lite Core : Technology specifically studied to meet the particular needs of modern Freeride and All Mountain skiers. Reduced weight thanks to the Bamboo and Isocore cores.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)|
Highly prized by the freestyle skiers and lovers of powdery snow in high mountains, the legendary FKS offers more control, better edge decision, increased responsiveness and more sensations.
Its main advantage: its elastic race. In fact, the FKS rotating heel piece combined with the reinforced Dual Action III toe piece offers a longer elastic race than its competitors for increased security. It helps to prevent premature triggering of the bindings while ensuring support in all circumstances.
This precise and "neutral" binding offers fluid and intuitive skiability due to its very short mounting area.
The reference in the freestyle and freeride, a safe value in ultimate bindings. The perfect product for committed freeskiers.
- Heel piece: DUAL ACTION III with multi-directional 180° trigger
- Glider : Extra-wide anti-friction glider, for a better skiability on wide skis.
- Toe piece — lateral elasticity 45 mm
- Heel piece: Pivoting FKS heel piece
- Heel piece — vertical elasticity 28 mm
- FKS heel piece adjustment: 20 mm
- Brakes FKS 130 mm
- DIN value: 5/14
- Height: 20 mm
|Peso (g)||Peso unitario|
En 1945, Toni ARNSTEINER fabrica el primer esqui Blizzard en su taller de carpinteria en Mittersill, Austria, a su regreso de la Segunda Guerra Mundial.
La marca austriaca ha tomado una nueva salida, desde que se unio al grupo Tecnica.
El Grupo Tecnica se basa en Italia en Giavera del Montello y la filial francesa se traslado a Annecy. Sus actividades incluyen botas de esqui, zapatos de outdoor, los esquis, Moon Boots y el equipo para los deportes de invierno como el esqui y raquetas de nieve.
Desde que se mudo a una nueva fabrica ultra moderna que comparte con Nordica, la marca Blizzard es necesaria en todos los sectores, excepto en el freestyle.