The popular Rapid has been updated using a new hyperlight, high-strength fabric and new colors and patterns.
This pack has been rigorously studied to increase speed and facilitate the specific maneuvers common in ski mountaineering competitions.
But this 20-liter pack is also an excellent choice for light and fast tours, peak bagging or powder hunting. The Wire Xpress ski carrying system allows skis to be attached and removed without removing the pack.
The skier simply slides the tails into the loop at the left hip, flips the tips to the right shoulder and grabs them with the Nylon strap attached to the shoulder strap.
The Rapid also features the Truck Bull tethering system for connecting the slower member of a team to the leader – a common maneuver in ski mountaineering competitions and adventure racing. In this same spirit, the pack also accommodates a second pair of skis.
A Velcro pocket near the right hip allows single-handed, fast access to crampons without removing the pack. This pocket is also great for water bottles, snacks, clothing, cameras – anything you might want access to while on the move.
The Rapid features the new C.A.M.P. exclusive EZ OP buckles on the chest strap and waist belt. The EZ OP buckle features a special pull tab that engages a wire to automatically open the buckle for fast and easy, one-handed operation.
The interior has fi xed pockets specifi cally designed for a shovel and probe along with hydration bladder attachment points.
- Light, strong and durable fabric
- Wire Xpress ski carrying system with extra diagonal ski carrying system for a second pair of skis
- Side entry crampons pocket is easily accessed without removing pack
- Hidden ice axe carrier
- Open mesh pocket for climbing skins
- Internal pocket for shovel and probe
- Truck Bull tethering system for helping a partner in team races
- Ventilated shoulder straps with pockets for energy gels and small essentials
- EZ OP buckles on chest strap and waist belt
- Hydration compatible