With its wide waist and its rocker in spatula, the HIMALAYA has the predisposition to ensure beautiful curves in deep snow but it does not stop there.
As part of the Touring range, it also provides beautiful climbing performance thanks to its lightness.
New generation of touring skis (freerando), it gives equal importance to the descent and to the rise for having fun regardless of the terrain.
- Mountain Rocker profile : A moderate rocker in tip for a better flotation, an easy entry in cornering and manoeuvres in varied snow conditions. Combined with a slight camber, it offers beautiful turns and stability on groomed trails.
- Monoblock Construction: the monoblock construction takes the laminated up to the square of the ski, creating a torsion box. This improves the transmission of power and allows better stability in torsion.
- Bridge technology : Reducing the weight and improving performance, the Bridge technology does everything. The Ultra Thin Woodcore profile is reinforced by waves of the tip and tail ensuring stability in torsion and power transfer to the square without precedent.
- Laminated Woodcore: the core in laminated wood of the tip at the heel is specially designed for each model, using different types of wood allowing the adjustment of the flex for different uses. Extremely reactive and very durable, it transmits power directly in the squares and allows greater versatility in different track conditions.
- Fiberglass reinforcements: positioned above or below the core, the glass fibre reinforcement helps to optimize the flex and improves the torsional stiffness.
- Dual Radius
- Manufacturer's weight : 1450 g.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)||Unit weight|
Completely revolutionary, the DIAMIR VIPEC 12 is the first ski touring binding with inserts with defined triggering.
To be clearer, this "Low Tech" binding system allows a lateral security triggering combined with the automatic heel piece. A great novelty in the ski touring world!
Lightweight, it ensures maximum security. For understanding its system, its inserts are mounted on a lateral "rail". Thus, in a fall with torsion, this "rail" moves to facilitate wedging. And in case of fall at low speed, the insert switches on the outside so that nothing can interfere with the ejection of the shoe.
Featuring the Easy Switch concept which allows you to pass from downhill mode to walking mode easily with the help of your pole, it is easy to use.
To finish, it is endowed with a broad support point and high stability of the system, for a more direct transfer of forces more and therefore more effective.
- Lateral security triggering : Its automatic stop allows a side trip in 2 phases. In a first phase, the sliding block moves laterally with the pin toe piece unit. In a second phase, the pin toe piece unit tilts laterally, thus freeing up the shoe. After tripping, the toe piece can be turned back to its initial position with a simple gesture. Note that the shoe shall be released only if the dynamic stroke of 11mm and the restoring force set have been crossed.
- Security frontal triggering: Its automatic toe grounder allows frontal triggering assured by the lateral tilt of the heel pin unit housed in the heel chassis. They move on a dynamic race of 4 mm and, after exceeding the restoring force set acting on the retention wedges of the rear inserts of the shoe, the latter is released.
- Defined security triggering: The active longitudinal compensation is the key of the defined triggering. The contact pressure of the shoe must remain constant for the triggering mechanisms to provide a defined triggering in all situations. Thanks to the Pin Safety system, the active longitudinal compensation provides constant pressure through the coming and going of the heel piece on the guide plate even during an extreme ski bending.
- Système Easy Switch : This Easy Switch system allows quick and simple donning and doffing. This system also facilitates the passage of the binding from the downhill mode to walking mode. The VIPEC 12 binding is compatible with all ski touring boots equipped with inserts.
- 3 levels of tilt: The Comfort Lift system allows 3 levels of tilt, 0°, 9° and 13°. The tilt change is done quickly and easily with your pole.
- Stop ski 100 mm
- DIN value: 5-12
- Unitary weight (without stop skis): 520 g (verified weight 485 g)
- Stop skis weight (unitary): 65 g (verified weight 65 g)
|Size||Peso (g)||Unit weight|