With a wide performance range, this ski is perfect for skiers who don‘t want to stress about snow conditions.
So even if a tour includes varied conditions, steep descents, and exposed couloirs, the Himalaya can handle it. Now featuring GruvLite Technology, the Himalaya is lighter than ever, which makes the ascent even easier and pushes the boundaries of accessible terrain.
This ski also has SST Sidewalls, a Laminated Woodcore, and Fiberglass for solid lightweight construction that can conquer any peak.
- Gruvlite : GruvLite is a linear weight reduction technology that is applied to a traditional wood core. By reducing the core’s material volume through this innovative technique we are able to reduce weight without sacrificing stability, edge grip, flotation or any other performance element.
- Mountain Rocker Profile : Moderate tip rocker and lifted rocker tail for better floatation, easier turn initiation and maneuvering in varied snow conditions. Combined with slight camber it delivers great turning and stability on groomed slopes.
- PST Sidewall : A lightweight cap construction provides smooth turns. Combined with a sidewall construction for powerful performance and better edge grip under foot.
- Fibreglass : Positioned either above or below the ski core, the Fibreglass reinforcement optimizes the ﬂex pattern and enhances torsional stiffness.
- Laminated Woodcore : This tip-to-tail Laminated Woodcore is specially shaped for each model and size. Using different wood types in various combinations allows for the adjustment of the flex pattern for different types of performance. This extremely responsive and highly durable wood core transmits power directly to the edges and excels on various slope conditions.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)||Unit weight|
Completely revolutionary, the DIAMIR VIPEC 12 is the first ski touring binding with inserts with defined triggering.
To be clearer, this "Low Tech" binding system allows a lateral security triggering combined with the automatic heel piece. A great novelty in the ski touring world!
Lightweight, it ensures maximum security. For understanding its system, its inserts are mounted on a lateral "rail". Thus, in a fall with torsion, this "rail" moves to facilitate wedging. And in case of fall at low speed, the insert switches on the outside so that nothing can interfere with the ejection of the shoe.
Featuring the Easy Switch concept which allows you to pass from downhill mode to walking mode easily with the help of your pole, it is easy to use.
To finish, it is endowed with a broad support point and high stability of the system, for a more direct transfer of forces more and therefore more effective.
- Lateral security triggering : Its automatic stop allows a side trip in 2 phases. In a first phase, the sliding block moves laterally with the pin toe piece unit. In a second phase, the pin toe piece unit tilts laterally, thus freeing up the shoe. After tripping, the toe piece can be turned back to its initial position with a simple gesture. Note that the shoe shall be released only if the dynamic stroke of 11mm and the restoring force set have been crossed.
- Security frontal triggering: Its automatic toe grounder allows frontal triggering assured by the lateral tilt of the heel pin unit housed in the heel chassis. They move on a dynamic race of 4 mm and, after exceeding the restoring force set acting on the retention wedges of the rear inserts of the shoe, the latter is released.
- Defined security triggering: The active longitudinal compensation is the key of the defined triggering. The contact pressure of the shoe must remain constant for the triggering mechanisms to provide a defined triggering in all situations. Thanks to the Pin Safety system, the active longitudinal compensation provides constant pressure through the coming and going of the heel piece on the guide plate even during an extreme ski bending.
- Système Easy Switch : This Easy Switch system allows quick and simple donning and doffing. This system also facilitates the passage of the binding from the downhill mode to walking mode. The VIPEC 12 binding is compatible with all ski touring boots equipped with inserts.
- 3 levels of tilt: The Comfort Lift system allows 3 levels of tilt, 0°, 9° and 13°. The tilt change is done quickly and easily with your pole.
- Stop ski 100 mm
- DIN value: 5-12
- Unitary weight (without stop skis): 520 g (verified weight 485 g)
- Stop skis weight (unitary): 65 g (verified weight 65 g)
|TALLA||Peso (g)||Unit weight|