For more than a decade, The Nine has been a staple in the Giro line and is the product that started it all in performance snow helmets.
Defined by its lightweight, low profile and streamlined silhouette, it features Thermostat Control vents plus all the functional features that have made it one of Giro’s most enduring and popular designs.
The Nine is now also available with MIPS Technology in all colors.
- In-Mold Construction : In-Mold Construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- MIPS Equipped : MIPS - Multi-Directional Impact Protection System MIPS is a step forward in helmet design. There are three main components to a MIPS-equipped helmet: the interior foam liner, the Low Friction Liner and an elastomeric attachment system between them. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head. The goal of this technology is to further reduce rotational forces.
Fit System :
- In Form Fit System : The In Form™ system is a low-profile fit and stability system that makes it easy to dial-in the fit and feel of your helmet in seconds – even with gloves on. An ergo-friendly dial at the base of the helmet provides up to 6 cm of fit adjustment, and the system also includes a separate vertical turning feature that adjusts the fore / aft tilt of the helmet on your head to enhance peripheral vision and optimize the fit of the helmet with goggles.
- Vertical Tuning
- Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting : Thermostat ventilation control allows you to custom tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable.
- Super Cool Vents : Super Cool vents pull cool, fresh air into the helmet while pushing heat and stale air out. By maximizing efficiency and optimizing vent shapes, the collective cooling power of Super Cool vents helps to regulate your core temperature and keep you feeling fresh all day.
- Stack Ventilation : Our Stack Vent was developed based on research showing the majority of the warm air that can cause fogging exhausts from the center top vent of the goggle. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the center vent of your goggles helps to keep them clear and fog free while maintaining total helmet and goggle integration.
- Compatible with all aftermarket Giro audio systems
- Seamless Compatibility with all Giro goggles
ASTM F2040 / CE EN1077
It is now several years that Giro has achieved to become the leader of specialist helmets and ski goggles. Giro ski helmets are recognized by everybody for their comfort, their technicality and their look, always sober but effective. Whether you are a skier of high level or a beginner, you will find a Giro helmet done for you. The desire to improve the integration of the ski goggles with the helmet has quickly pushed Giro to produce its own goggles. Simple, effective and extremely well ventilated, these ski goggles are very appreciated by the athletes.