Giro set the industry standard more than a decade ago with our groundbreaking In Form Fit System, and now we’re changing the game once again with The Range MIPS Helmet.
The revolutionary new helmet design utilizes a 2-piece shell and truly integrated fit system to create an adaptive fit helmet with Conform Fit Technology that literally forms to every rider’s head shape by expanding and contracting with the turn of a dial.
The Range’s durable yet semi-flexible construction wraps around the head to provide the lowest-profile fit we’ve ever created and unsurpassed custom fit and comfort.
Premium performance and functional features like MIPS Technology, Adjustable Venting, an integrated GoPro® camera mount, and Fidlock® Magnetic buckle closure complete this cutting edge design.
- MIPS – Multi-Directional Impact Protection System : MIPS - Multi-Directional Impact Protection System MIPS is a step forward in helmet design. There are three main components to a MIPS-equipped helmet: the interior foam liner, the Low Friction Liner and an elastomeric attachment system between them. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head. The goal of this technology is to further reduce rotational forces.
- Articulating Hard Shell construction
- Low-profile design
Fit System :
- In Form 2 Fit System
- Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting : Thermostat ventilation control allows you to custom tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable.
- Super Cool Vents
- Stack Ventilation : Our Stack Vent was developed based on research showing the majority of the warm air that can cause fogging exhausts from the center top vent of the goggle. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the center vent of your goggles helps to keep them clear and fog free while maintaining total helmet and goggle integration.
- GoPro® compatible camera mount integration : Our integrated GoPro® camera mounting system is stealthy, secure, and super easy to operate, allowing you to instantly deploy your GoPro® for filming the line or quickly pop if off and stash it for the hike. The GoPro® mount is offered on the Edit, Flare and Cipher S helmets.
- Fidlock® magnetic buckle closure : The pinch-free, one-handed Fidlock Magnectic Snap helmet buckle combines the advantages of two fastening concepts in a completely new way. Strong magnets make it easy to open and close while a secure snap functionality ensures a continuously high locking force.
- X-Static® anti-bacterial padding : X-Static FIBER – X-Static fibers use natural silver to provide heat conductive and anti-microbial properties to help keep your hands warm, and your gloves free of odor-causing bacteria and fungus
- Compatible with all Giro aftermarket audio systems
ASTM 2040-11/CE EN1077
It is now several years that Giro has achieved to become the leader of specialist helmets and ski goggles. Giro ski helmets are recognized by everybody for their comfort, their technicality and their look, always sober but effective. Whether you are a skier of high level or a beginner, you will find a Giro helmet done for you. The desire to improve the integration of the ski goggles with the helmet has quickly pushed Giro to produce its own goggles. Simple, effective and extremely well ventilated, these ski goggles are very appreciated by the athletes.