The new Ultra Mountain Twin is the leaner, meaner brother of the time-tested, award winning Mountain Twin.
Using ULTRA Construction to eliminate weight and Carbon Stringers to add explosive pop, this board is designed to shred anything with playful finesse.
Rocker tip and tail deliver serious float in the soft stuff while camber underfoot combined with Mellow Magne-Traction give the Ultra Mountain Twin snap and hold on hard pack.
Bombing into jump lines, a Sintered 9900 base will deliver the speed boost you need to go big while the carbon fiber stringers provide the stability to stomp.
Though the base is as fast as it gets, it’s also bullet hard and designed to withstand lap after lap buttering boxes and rails. For freestyle riders who take fun seriously, this is your shred stick.
The Himalayan spine wall graphic on the Ultra Mountain Twin was drawn by artist Joseph Toney.
- Mountain Core 2.0 : Dual-density full wood core with hardwood beech stringers positioned at the edges for added pop and durability.
- Triax Fiberglass : Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Fiberglass Reinforcement : Fiberglass layer improve pop in nose and tail plus increases the longevity of the flex profile. This lightweight layer helps the board perform the same on day 100 as it did on day one - precise and playful.
- Sintered 7000 Base : Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
- Belt Ground Finish
- Film Topsheet : Film topsheets provide the stiffness and impact resistance of a normal topsheet while significantly reducing weight by decreasing the thickness of the topsheet material.
- Oversized Recycled Edges : All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS : ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned : All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- OneBallJay BIO Wax : Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with OneBallJay BIO wax.
- Mellow Magne-Traction : Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Magne-Traction improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board. “Magne-Traction is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Magne-Traction is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker.”
- Jeremy Jones
- Blunt Nose : “How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight.” - Jeremy Jones
- Progressive Sidecut : At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the side cut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)|
Founded in 2010 by the mythical freerider Jeremy Jones, the Jones Snowboards brand is a freeride focused brand with the aim of producing the best snowboards of the market. You quickly realize that the Jones brand is a freeride trademark by the fact that there is a splitboard version for each of the proposed boards. The most famous Jones boards are the Flagship (Mothership for women), The Hovercraft and the Mountain Twin. Jones also proposes an all-mountain/freestyle board: the Aviator.