New for 2016 we proudly present a mind altering new powder tool - the Storm Chaser. Blending both snowboard and surfboard tech, the Storm Chaser is the latest offspring of Jones’ design partnership with surfboard shaper Chris Christenson.
Jeremy and Chris sketched the shape and rocker profile of the board by hand using contours from their favorite snow/surf designs. The result is an explosively fast powder rocket that packs insane float into a nimble, short board.
The ultra-wide waist width, swallow tail and pointy yet blunt nose maximize the float of the short running length and the Surf Rocker profile pops the nose even further out of the snow when you rock into a bottom turn or slash a back foot hack.
Finished with a lustrous varnish topsheet, the Storm Chaser is truly a functional fine art piece from two masterful sideways sliders.
- Storm Core : Dual-density full wood poplar and paulownia core designed to maximize pop, float and even flex.
- Biax Fiberglass : A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Sintered 9900 Base : Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- Belt Ground Finish
- Film Topsheet : Film topsheets provide the stiffness and impact resistance of a normal topsheet while significantly reducing weight by decreasing the thickness of the topsheet material.
- Oversized Recycled Edges : All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled ABS : ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Factory Tuned : All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- OneBallJay BIO Wax : Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with OneBallJay BIO wax.
- Directional Shape, Swallow Tail - Wrap Tip Construction : Full wood core to the tip and ABS sidewall completely wraps around tip for added response and durability.
- Mellow Magne-Traction : Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Magne-Traction improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board. “Magne-Traction is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Magne-Traction is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker.” - Jeremy Jones
- Progressive Sidecut : At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the side cut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Blunt Nose : “How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight.” - Jeremy Jones
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)|
DEFY GRAVITY With the flex of ShadowFit Technology and the support of a carbon constructed asymmetrical highback, the Quantum Binding is the special operative that Josh Dirksen calls in when top-notch control and lightning-fast reactivity is needed. The Kevlar Quickwire allows for lateral mobility when tweaking, while the Airbed Footbed paired with Full EVA and extra comfy straps will keep the dogs from barking on long backcountry days.
Founded in 2010 by the mythical freerider Jeremy Jones, the Jones Snowboards brand is a freeride focused brand with the aim of producing the best snowboards of the market. You quickly realize that the Jones brand is a freeride trademark by the fact that there is a splitboard version for each of the proposed boards. The most famous Jones boards are the Flagship (Mothership for women), The Hovercraft and the Mountain Twin. Jones also proposes an all-mountain/freestyle board: the Aviator.