The narrowest and lightweight ski of the touring "Backside" range by K2. Extra help with the Speed Rocker, the BACKLITE allows you to climb more easily even if the trace is not yet made. At the descent, its box of torsion brings more power and accuracy on hard or difficult snow.
The Backlite is made for good touring skiers who prefer effectiveness.
- Construction : Box of Torsion, Cap, Paulownia.
- Weight: 1150gr
- Speed rocker : Designed to provide a maximum of precision and manoeuvrability on hard snow. The slightly elevated tip and the tail extension allow a triggering of turns without effort and seamless transitions, and the arches on the rest of the contact surface provides precision, power and edging.
- Snowphobic Topsheet : Topsheets snow unloaders, specific of the Back models. Accumulated snow on a skiing can increase during a climb. Our SnowPhobic top system prevents the snow from accumulating on your skis and weighing you down. In fact, we have developed the tops specifically if the Back models using the same hydrophobic material on the soles but with lower thickness. You can even add wax on the topsheet to increase this effect of load shedding.
- Skin Grommets : All the Adventure skis are provided with a hole at both ends. The holes are covered, and can be opened simply with a flat-head screw, for use in ski touring. They are primarily designed for the installation of skins, but can also be used in the manufacture of a rescue sledge in backcountry, and also for marking support points in the snow.
- Carbon web: The structure MOD is wrapped with a carbon fibre, carbon strands are arranged at specific angles for added torsional rigidity of the secondary core. This allows retaining a light ski while providing the torsional stiffness to the places where it is needed.
- Box of Torsion: Our most basic construction includes a core surrounded by wood triaxial fibre, so that skis are lightweight, dynamic and reactive. The construction with a box of torsion is the basis of the broadest range of skis developed by K2. The versatility of this construction allows us to use it for beginner skiers and experts. In terms of the dimensions, flex and twist of a skiing, there will be large differences between the models, but they will retain some common features such as the ease of handling, tolerance, reactivity and power, which characterize the skis with boxes of torsion.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)||Unit weight|
|Peso (g)||Unit weight|
K2 fue fundada en 1961 por los hermanos Bill y Don Kirschner en Vashon Island, cerca de Seattle, en los Estados Unidos.
K2 es conocido por su tecnologia de esqui de vanguardia en fibras de vidrio lo que hizo esquis mucho mas ligeros y mas reactivos que sus contemporaneos en metal y madera. Fabricante N ? 1 en los Estados Unidos, la marca atipica americana es conocida por sus productos innovadores que ofrecen gamas de esquis anchos y new school con espatulas mas o menos rocker.
El grupo K2Sport incluye a K2Skis, K2Snowboard, Line, Full-Tilt, Ride, Morrow o Madshus. K2Sport forma parte del grande grupo Jarden que incluye marcas como Volkl, Marker, sino tambien en areas muy diferentes con camping Gaz, Spontex o Mapa.