From a range consisting of 3 graphics celebrating different periods of the career of the skier Doug COOMBS the COOMBACK reflect very well the versatility of the skier.
Its 102mm at waist, its all-terrain rocker and its lightness allow it to offer good buoyancy and great convenience to be able to ski on any slope you want to access.
- Construction : Fibre Triaxiale, Cap, Sapin/Poplar / Maple
- All terrain Rocker : This Rocker has been developed to be used in all snow conditions. The raised tip improves performance on variable and soft snow and facilitates the release curve, while the camber underfoot provides power, energy and edge grip on hard snow needed.
- Powder Tip All new skis of the freeride range have a tapered tip and the lowest profile in order to optimize the foreseeable nature of the tip in soft snow. The tips designed in such a way have their widest point declined to reduce the weight of the tip and the resistance in soft and changeable snow
- Progressive sidecut: Larger ski front, thinner tail and a progressive radius is a combination of two different radii whose purpose is to increase the versatility of the wider skis under the foot. In general, the skis have rather a single radius. This works very well on skis rather thin, but can make driving wider skis underfoot more difficult, especially in transformed snow. The use of progressive radius on wider skis improves the triggering of the turns and the performance on hard snow.
- Snowphobic Topsheet : Topsheets snow unloaders, specific of the Back models. Accumulated snow on a skiing can increase during a climb. Our SnowPhobic top system prevents the snow from accumulating on your skis and weighing you down. In fact, we have developed the tops specifically if the Back models using the same hydrophobic material on the soles but with lower thickness. You can even add wax on the topsheet to increase this effect of load shedding.
- Skin Grommets : All the Adventure skis are provided with a hole at both ends. The holes are covered, and can be opened simply with a flat-head screw, for use in ski touring. They are primarily designed for the installation of skins, but can also be used in the manufacture of a rescue sledge in backcountry, and also for marking support points in the snow.
- Carbon web: The structure MOD is wrapped with a carbon fibre, carbon strands are arranged at specific angles for added torsional rigidity of the secondary core. This allows retaining a light ski while providing the torsional stiffness to the places where it is needed.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)|
Skis are becoming wider for improved off-piste sensations, while improving on-piste performance. Bindings are playing a key role in the transmission of power and control from the ski.
The STH2 WTR 13 combines Salomon's renown DRIVER toe-piece with the Guardian heel piece, for a binding that transfers every movement to wide skis.
A low profile, long wings, a wide platform, and the Heel Flex interface enables you to control the widest skis, and provides incomparable transmission and performance downhill.
The STH2 WTR is compatible with Salomon walking soles.
- Standards: - Certified Alpine ISO 5355 and WTR
- DIN 4 to 13
- WTR (Walk to Ride) sole compatibility : Makes walking easier with no compromise on safety and performance, due to the TÜV approved walk sole compatibility.
- Manual toe height adjustment
- Stomp Pedal : A large fixed pedal ensures optimal power transfer from skier to ski.
- XL Wings : Engages the boot better: increases confidence, easier to step-in in powder. More lateral power transmission.
- XL Pedal (65mm)
- Oversized platform : ultra-wide base (71mm) for maximum lateral power transmission.
- 3D Driver Toe : Patented toe design offering multi directional release options.
- Elastic Travel: Superior elasticity which keeps you in the bindings when you want, lets you out when you need, ensures a smoother ride.
- Heel Flex Interface : guarantees a natural ski flex
- Low profile Chassis : Low Profile for a better feel of the terrain and increased power transfer.
- Progressive Transfer pads : Progressive feel with increased dampening and forgiveness in a strong binding.
- Freeski Brakes: Self retracting brakes: adapted to modern skis and practices, eliminates hang ups on switch landings.
K2 fue fundada en 1961 por los hermanos Bill y Don Kirschner en Vashon Island, cerca de Seattle, en los Estados Unidos.
K2 es conocido por su tecnologia de esqui de vanguardia en fibras de vidrio lo que hizo esquis mucho mas ligeros y mas reactivos que sus contemporaneos en metal y madera. Fabricante N ? 1 en los Estados Unidos, la marca atipica americana es conocida por sus productos innovadores que ofrecen gamas de esquis anchos y new school con espatulas mas o menos rocker.
El grupo K2Sport incluye a K2Skis, K2Snowboard, Line, Full-Tilt, Ride, Morrow o Madshus. K2Sport forma parte del grande grupo Jarden que incluye marcas como Volkl, Marker, sino tambien en areas muy diferentes con camping Gaz, Spontex o Mapa.