One minute the wind howls and your breath freezes, and a second later the clouds part and the sun shines.
Through the vagaries of spring, our Ultralight Down Hoody warms with 800-fill-power 100% Traceable Down (goose down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked) that traps your heat, and an ultralight yet super tough shell fabric that blocks wind and sheds snow with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
The sewn-through construction, tight channel pattern and just the right amount of down increase versatility for use in more moderate temperatures and diverse activities.
The slim silhouette (and low-profile hood with single-pull adjustment) maximizes thermal efficiency and suits its ideal uses: belay parka over light layers at crisp crags, minimalist summer alpine bivies and unmatched warmth layered under a shell.
Pockets include two zippered handwarmers and one zippered chest. A drawcord hem helps keep in the heat.
- Ultra lightweight Pertex Quantum® shell and liner fabrics use interlocking Y-shaped nylon fibers to enhance the performance of the DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 800-fill-power 100% Traceable Down (European goose down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked)
- Variegated channel construction stabilizes goose down; side panels with narrow channels provide shape and reduce bulk
- Longer-length hem; center-front zipper has interior storm flap and wicking kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Low-profile, single-pull adjustable hood seals in warmth
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets and one zippered chest pocket have zipper garages; jacket self-stuffs into chest pocket with carabiner clip-in loop, as well as left hand pocket as a travel pillow
- Elastic-bound cuffs and hem with single drawcord adjustment seal in warmth
- Shell and lining: 0.85-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® Y yarn with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power 100% Traceable Down (European goose down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked). Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 269 g (9.5 oz)