The SALOMON Q-98 offers unmatched directional versatility designed for adventurous skiers.
The Q-98 is stable while remaining fun thanks to its semi-sandwich construction and to the Utility Rocker. This rocker improves the stability and control in all conditions, while maintaining a manageable and easy to steer ski. The width at the waist close to 98 mm is important enough to provide good flotation in deep snow but is not excessive allowing you to conserve the liveliness on track.
The SALOMON Q-98 is the perfect ski for those who share their time between tracks and off-track.
- 100 % wood core Wood from the tip to the tail for better stability, a more powerful rebound, optimum contact ski/snow and a maximum attenuation of vibration.
- Semi-sandwich: Mono-shell structure at the ends for reduced inertia and easy swing, associated with a construction in sandwich under the foot for a progressive grip, better control and a more fluid ski/snow contact.
- PULSE PAD: A layer of rubber along the square and at certain places in the skiing for a MORE fluid glide and a better contact ski/snow.
- Spatula in honeycomb: The lightweight structure in honeycomb at the level of the tip reduces the inertia and makes the ski more manageable and fun. Strengthened by an ABS chassis for better wear resistance.
- Hook Free tapered shape: At the widest point of the ski, the line of sides takes a tapered shape closer in the direction of the tip in order to reduce dragging and hooking in powdery snow. The reduction of the inertia also increases the manoeuvrability of the ski.
- Wide edges: - Wide edges for a longer life and better resistance to shocks.
- Optimal strengthening of edges: - Reinforcement in fibres directly placed on the edges for an increased rigidity as well as resistance and improved grip.
- Gently Rise Tail: Shorter recovery and more dug towards the Rocker at the level of the tail, which increases the contact of the edges with the snow as well as stability.
- Utility Rocker: The hybrid version of the directional TWIN ROCKER. The wide AREA OF CARVING (camber) and the Rocker lowered at the level of the tail, associated with a slight increase, increase stability and control in all conditions, while maintaining a manageable and easy to steer ski.
- Area of carving: The traditionally cambered part of Twin Rocker skis in which the line of sides is designed for more power, energy and grip.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)||Peso unitario|
La empresa Salomon, fundada en 1947 en Annecy, Haute-Savoie es una empresa francesa especializada en articulos de deportivos y de ocio. Se distribuye en mas de 160 paises.
En 1947, George Solomon en el corazon de los Alpes franceses y del lugar de nacimiento del alpinismo moderno, abre en el viejo Annecy un pequeno taller de sierras de madera y bordes de esqui. En algunos anos, a fuerza de ingenio, la compania se impone por primera vez como el lider mundial de fijacion, antes de convertirse en una marca lider de articulos de deportivos para dedicado al ocio y los deportes de invierno.
En 1997, Salomon fue comprada por Adidas y por el Grupo Amer Sports en el ano 2005.
En la actualidad la marca ofrece una amplia gama de articulos de deportes de invierno, outdoor, zapatos, ropas, gafas, etc... y se impone en todos los ordenes.