Developed with the help of the VRL (Völkl Race Laboratory), the COAL XT is made for going always faster on track or on powdery snow.
The rocker in tip gives it more speed for edging while the classic camber under the feet and tail associated to the pintail provide grip and recovery. To gain even more speed, the board is equipped with the new special waxable race edges, for still decreasing the friction in curve. The layer completely made in carbon fibre and the integrated anti-vibration system assure a very comfortable riding that, combined with the new rocker at the tip level, create the ideal all-mountain board. Finally, the carbon fibre POP4.0 reduces the weight of the board and provides a lot of dynamisms and reactivity to the COAL XT.
Aggressive freeriders, fans of boarder cross or alpine will love this board.
- Flex 9/10
- Smart Torsion Inlays : High-tech tuning hidden below the topsheet! Thanks to the special shape and positioning of the Smart Torsion Inlays (made of hardwood) these boards boast more torsional stiffness. Pressure and power are distributed equally along the whole board and transferred to the edges. Benefits include enhanced control and maximum edge pressure for high-speed runs!
- Anti-Vibrations-System (AVS) : The Anti-Vibrations-System noticeably absorbs all kinds of bumps and shocks. Special rubber and gel layers are directly integrated into the topsheet so the bindings can stay put without having to be raised. The AVS unfurls its maximum potential most noticeably when a board is on edge, providing tremendous dampening and absorbing all vibrations.
- Tip-to-Tail Supreme Woodcore with Cellcore Inlays : Straight from aerospace technology! The unique Cellcore is composed of a high-tech rigid synthetic foam material with integrated wood stringers. It is used in a Supreme Woodcore between the bindings and in the nose and tail sections. Combined with a higher percentage of solid wood in the insert area this core boasts extraordinary mechanical properties and the utmost stability. Minimal weight and unbelievably inspiring riding behaviour thanks to extremely short response times are among the benefits.
- Slim Tip : Unlike conventional sandwich construction, the Slim-Tip Construction incorporates a solid and shock-absorbing urethane inlay in the tip and tail sections instead of ABS sidewall material. Benefits include a stylish, slimmer nose, reduced swing - for better board control, perfect for all riders, not just for high-speed rotations in the park!
- Völkl Premium Carbon weave / POP 4.0: A complete layer of Völkl Premium Carbon for minimum weight, more smoothness and maximum response.
- Directional Freeride Sidecut : Directional boards have more setback and thus a longer nose. A different nose and tail flex combined with an asymmetrical sidecut radius provides more edge pressure and control at high speeds. The nose is not only wider but also has a more raised concave radius compared to the tail. It’s perfect for more flotation in powder snow and fast edge-to-edge turns on the downhill.
- Pro Camber with tip Rocker: These boards are equipped with a strong camber and are perfect for advanced riders that love speed. Ideal for sporty, aggressive riding with maximum edge hold. Smoothness, reactivity and great pop go together. Thanks to the Nose Rocker, the banks and rollers of a boarder cross will pass very easily since the contact length seems shorter. This makes it easier to increase the speed on the most groomed tracks. Ride the board on the edge and the effective contact length will offer perfect grip on icy slopes.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Peso (g)|
Rocket science harnessed! The new RADAR binding can be compared to a bomb-proof off-road vehicle. It includes some of the most powerful features ever created. Its Natural Cant Plus interface is the lightest shock-absorbing technology on the planet. It can cushion the hardest landings and protect your heels against bruises. Its Omnichrom Light baseplate is combined with its polycarbonate highback to offer a perfect cocktail of flex, comfort and responsiveness. Its Infinite and Hyperflex straps provide all the support you need.
- Baseplate: Omnichrom light: The Omnichrom has lost some weight. It has the same performance as the DRAKE Omnichrom base and an improved and lightened heelcup at bridge level. The Omnichrom light maintains the same level of responsiveness while increasing its flexibility. Its total weight was reduced by removing the unnecessary materials from bridge to base. Get rid of the unnecessary weight!
- Interface: Natural cant plus: The new comfort and performance standard. Its outer angle fills the gap between the outer part of the foot and the binding to ensure perfect sense of balance even for larger stances. It is equipped with the PU Plaxmol Heel cushioning system to dampen shocks and vibrations and optimize cushioning, making it even more comfortable. In addition, its toe ramp ensures perfect edge control.
- Highback: Polycarbonate Biomap: A collection of asymmetric highbacks ensuring maximum energy transmission from body to board as well as correct position support. These highbacks are designed by biomechanical technology to be anatomically compatible with all sorts of calves to maintain the legs in the right position and transfer power directly to the board without wasting any energy.
- Ankle Strap: Infinite: A double-density strap making no compromise between performance and comfort. The design of its inner structure is based on the infinity symbol and ensures powerful energy transmission. Its wider outer structure eliminates contact points. The 2 gel pads placed in junction zones provide great comfort.
- Toe Strap: Hyperflex: This revolutionary tip strap offers perfect positioning at the front of the boots. Its two flexible wings automatically wrap around any type of boot tip. It supports you perfectly and ensures that the boots will stay in the bindings. They go back to their initial position to close around the tip consistently.
- Buckles: Mg 12: It is the fastest closing system on the market. Its ergonomic shape that accelerates closing and release is particularly appreciated. It now weighs 25% less by replacing aluminum with magnesium, and is even more precise thanks to its new metal release button.
- Disc: Classic: The DRAKE original disk can be mounted on 4 and 3-hold models without a problem! The Classic will enable you to customize your DRAKE bindings and mount them on all the boards you use.
Volk empiezo a producir esquis en 1923, en Alemania, en la ciudad de Straubing. El rico patrimonio de la sociedad esta llena de tradicion y innovacion en terminos de tecnologia de esqui increible, como el "diseno rocker" Perfil Bajo Extendido (ELP) que ha aparecido recientemente. El primero en combinar delicadeza y manejo en la nieve profunda con la versatilidad del all-mountain, para dibujar en dias de tormenta lo mejor que puede. La marca de gama freeski se extiende del Big mountain al All Mountain, pasando por el park y el pipe para hombres como para mujeres.