DIMENSION is a board designed by VOLKL to suit the big sizes that wear a shoe size 45 and over.
With this extra-wide board, you will never plant your toes or heels at the time of big cornering, guaranteed! The DIMENSION groups together all the characteristics of a perfect all-mountain board, namely: Directional freestyle-type sidelines and light rocker providing dynamism and reactivity in park, while keeping a good flotation in powdery snow. Despite its big width, the DIMENSION is as lively as a board of standard width to provide you with a fluid and playful steering at every instant.
This model by VOLKL is an off-road board addressing the big sizes that want to be able to send in park and in backcountry.
- Flex: 6/10
- Tip to tail Supreme Wood core: Made with for bands of Aspen wood, with four bands of Falcate integrated into the core. Combining these wood strips gives the core the best dampening and flex properties, providing outstanding performance.
- Slim-Tip construction: The Slim-Tip Construction incorporates a solid and shock-absorbing urethane inlay in the tip and tail sections instead of ABS sidewall material. Benefits include a stylish, slimmer nose, reduced swing - for better board control, perfect for all riders, not just for high-speed rotations in the park!
- Classic shock absorber: It includes a single layer of hard wood, which is not milled in the core, but inserted in the bits of the core. Combined to a V-Flex insert, the Shock Absorber reinforces the board and increases its torsion properties.
- Directional Freestyle: Perfect for all terrain riders who are equally at home in the park and backcountry! The sidecut radius is more moderate and directional and has been adjusted to work better with a setback of 20 mm. As a result, these boards react faster and enable fast edge-to-edge turns. Its shape and its lengthened nose provide more flotation in powdery snow.
- Shape with light Rocker: The minimal rocker of this shape is discreet on the tracks, but reveals all its potential in backcountry and in the parks. Easy to handle, extremely reactive and tolerant, the novices of the Rocker technology will be able to continue to carve on the tracks and to have perfect steering on powdery, while avoiding cornering errors on the jumps.
- 5x2 Insert System: With the 5x2 and 6x2 systems, the lines of inserts are separated just by 2 cm. Thus, the stance can be more precisely tailored - to the nearest centimetre. The adjustment with discs serve to centre the bindings.
- Sandwich construction: Between the upper and lower layers, a synthetic ABS edge is places at each side of the board to enhance the power transfer from the bindings towards the edges and avoid losing power. The board presents thus a lot of extra reactivity and maximum grip at the level of the edges, allowing steering without effort.
- Triaxial fibreglass at upper and lower layers: This special fibreglass weave has fibres that have been positioned at a 45° angle (+45°/-45°) running tip to tail. Depending on the density of the woven fibre, torsion and flex are enhanced without affecting the thickness of the wood core. This reduces weight, which delivers responsiveness and better edge grip.
- V-Flex glass fibre: The V-Flex weave is a triaxial fiberglass weave with increased fibre density. The special V-form reinforces the area around the bindings, producing improved flex and torsion properties. It also provides optimal distribution of power to the edge of the board.
- Völkl Premium Carbon fibre / POP 1.0: Two small bands of Premium Völkl carbon in V shape integrated to the tip and the tail.
Sole and finishing:
- Super clear extruded sole: Vibrant colours and almost total transparency! This sole is easy to maintain and very resistant in the time.
- Stone finishing: Provides the sole with an all mountain structure that works in all the conditions of snow. That increases the absorption of the wax making the board even faster.
- Diamond finishing: The diamond finishing not only makes the edges more resistant but also improves the manoeuvrability and the handling on frozen snow.
Wax finishing: The thin layer of wax will last only for the first outings of the board, but to assure the good gliding of the sole we strongly recommend hot waxing the sole before the first usage.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Peso (g)|
This killer will sweep anything on its way. It is 100% freestyle-oriented! The RELOAD snowboard binding is a perfect combination of shape and function. Its Light Frame highback, its Delta Light baseplate and its MG12 extra quick buckles are still achieving an unbelievable level of performance. Its Hyperflex ankle straps were designed ergonomically to support the foot effectively, providing sensitivity to riders who like to lift their feet from time to time. It improves your riding thanks to its Natural Cant interface providing comfort, control and energy transmission.
- Baseplate: Delta light: It is made of first-choice aluminum and reinforced nylon to increase the board's responsiveness and sensitivity. It was carefully designed to reduce weight significantly and optimize the available cushioning zone while giving the new Contact Pad direct contact with the board to take gliding sensations to the next level. It is an eclectic, efficient base suitable for all terrains. Its fit is directly customizable.
- Interface: Natural cant: Personalize your gliding position while maintaining natural position to facilitate correct leg inclination! It is equipped with the Rebound Heel Absorber cushioning system to improve vibration dampening along the heel zone and cushioning of jumps. Thanks to the new Natural Cant pad, surfing will feel differently.
- Highback: Light frame: Good news for those who are obsessed with light weight! The Light Frame hiback range features the same advantages as a full-frame hiback, but without its weight! It is a perfect mix of torsion and responsiveness: it improves lateral movement to enable progressive responsiveness along the longitudinal axis, which means it is a very responsive hiback offering great control. This guarantees comfort, maneuverability without compromising on support, and reduced weight.
- Ankle Strap: Hyperlight: New, thinner and more refined construction for the DRAKE range's ankle strap. It was designed with the best skins and multi-layer foam for a perfectly ergonomic support and maximum comfort.
- Toe Strap: Hyperflex: This revolutionary tip strap offers perfect positioning at the front of the boots. Its two flexible wings automatically wrap around any type of boot tip. It supports you perfectly and ensures that the boots will stay in the bindings. They go back to their initial position to close around the tip consistently.
- Buckles: Mg 12: It is the fastest closing system on the market. Its ergonomic shape that accelerates closing and release is particularly appreciated. It now weighs 25% less by replacing aluminum with magnesium, and is even more precise thanks to its new metal release button.
- Disc: Classic: The DRAKE original disk can be mounted on 4 and 3-hold models without a problem! The Classic will enable you to customize your DRAKE bindings and mount them on all the boards you use.
|Tamano EU||Tamano MP|
Volk empiezo a producir esquis en 1923, en Alemania, en la ciudad de Straubing. El rico patrimonio de la sociedad esta llena de tradicion y innovacion en terminos de tecnologia de esqui increible, como el "diseno rocker" Perfil Bajo Extendido (ELP) que ha aparecido recientemente. El primero en combinar delicadeza y manejo en la nieve profunda con la versatilidad del all-mountain, para dibujar en dias de tormenta lo mejor que puede. La marca de gama freeski se extiende del Big mountain al All Mountain, pasando por el park y el pipe para hombres como para mujeres.