referencia : 181310
referencia : DR1571141004-45
DIMENSION is a board designed by VOLKL to suit the big sizes that wear a shoe size 45 and over.
With this extra-wide board, you will never plant your toes or heels at the time of big cornering, guaranteed! The DIMENSION groups together all the characteristics of a perfect all-mountain board, namely: Directional freestyle-type sidelines and light rocker providing dynamism and reactivity in park, while keeping a good flotation in powdery snow. Despite its big width, the DIMENSION is as lively as a board of standard width to provide you with a fluid and playful steering at every instant.
This model by VOLKL is an off-road board addressing the big sizes that want to be able to send in park and in backcountry.
- Flex: 6/10
- Tip to tail Supreme Wood core: Made with for bands of Aspen wood, with four bands of Falcate integrated into the core. Combining these wood strips gives the core the best dampening and flex properties, providing outstanding performance.
- Slim-Tip construction: The Slim-Tip Construction incorporates a solid and shock-absorbing urethane inlay in the tip and tail sections instead of ABS sidewall material. Benefits include a stylish, slimmer nose, reduced swing - for better board control, perfect for all riders, not just for high-speed rotations in the park!
- Classic shock absorber: It includes a single layer of hard wood, which is not milled in the core, but inserted in the bits of the core. Combined to a V-Flex insert, the Shock Absorber reinforces the board and increases its torsion properties.
- Directional Freestyle: Perfect for all terrain riders who are equally at home in the park and backcountry! The sidecut radius is more moderate and directional and has been adjusted to work better with a setback of 20 mm. As a result, these boards react faster and enable fast edge-to-edge turns. Its shape and its lengthened nose provide more flotation in powdery snow.
- Shape with light Rocker: The minimal rocker of this shape is discreet on the tracks, but reveals all its potential in backcountry and in the parks. Easy to handle, extremely reactive and tolerant, the novices of the Rocker technology will be able to continue to carve on the tracks and to have perfect steering on powdery, while avoiding cornering errors on the jumps.
- 5x2 Insert System: With the 5x2 and 6x2 systems, the lines of inserts are separated just by 2 cm. Thus, the stance can be more precisely tailored - to the nearest centimetre. The adjustment with discs serve to centre the bindings.
- Sandwich construction: Between the upper and lower layers, a synthetic ABS edge is places at each side of the board to enhance the power transfer from the bindings towards the edges and avoid losing power. The board presents thus a lot of extra reactivity and maximum grip at the level of the edges, allowing steering without effort.
- Triaxial fibreglass at upper and lower layers: This special fibreglass weave has fibres that have been positioned at a 45° angle (+45°/-45°) running tip to tail. Depending on the density of the woven fibre, torsion and flex are enhanced without affecting the thickness of the wood core. This reduces weight, which delivers responsiveness and better edge grip.
- V-Flex glass fibre: The V-Flex weave is a triaxial fiberglass weave with increased fibre density. The special V-form reinforces the area around the bindings, producing improved flex and torsion properties. It also provides optimal distribution of power to the edge of the board.
- Völkl Premium Carbon fibre / POP 1.0: Two small bands of Premium Völkl carbon in V shape integrated to the tip and the tail.
Sole and finishing:
- Super clear extruded sole: Vibrant colours and almost total transparency! This sole is easy to maintain and very resistant in the time.
- Stone finishing: Provides the sole with an all mountain structure that works in all the conditions of snow. That increases the absorption of the wax making the board even faster.
- Diamond finishing: The diamond finishing not only makes the edges more resistant but also improves the manoeuvrability and the handling on frozen snow.
Wax finishing: The thin layer of wax will last only for the first outings of the board, but to assure the good gliding of the sole we strongly recommend hot waxing the sole before the first usage.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Peso (g)|
The SUPERSPORT snowboard binding is the connection intended for great performance, for riders looking for immediate responsiveness. These bindings were designed to last longer thanks to their flexible tip and their unprecedented resistance. They are equipped with the Natural Cant Plus interface to provide incredible shock absorption when landing and in descent. Its ultralight monoblock base is resistant and provides exceptional fit. Its polycarbonate Biomap highback ensures symmetrical flex and better responsiveness while its extra stiff magnesium buckles ensure a great lifespan.
- Baseplate: Omnichrom light: The Omnichrom has lost some weight. It has the same performance as the DRAKE Omnichrom base and an improved and lightened heelcup at bridge level. The Omnichrom light maintains the same level of responsiveness while increasing its flexibility. Its total weight was reduced by removing the unnecessary materials from bridge to base. Get rid of the unnecessary weight!
- Interface: Natural cant plus: The new comfort and performance standard. Its outer angle fills the gap between the outer part of the foot and the binding to ensure perfect sense of balance even for larger stances. It is equipped with the PU Plaxmol Heel cushioning system to dampen shocks and vibrations and optimize cushioning, making it even more comfortable. In addition, its toe ramp ensures perfect edge control.
- Highback: Biomap: A collection of asymmetric highbacks ensuring maximum energy transmission from body to board as well as correct position support. These highbacks are designed by biomechanical technology to be anatomically compatible with all sorts of calves to maintain the legs in the right position and transfer power directly to the board without wasting any energy.
- Ankle Strap: Gran Turismo: The new GT strap offers just the comfort and light weight you need. The GT strap was designed for riders who practice all day and need comfort above all things.
- Toe Strap: Ultrathin: A minimal chassis to maintain the tip of the boots within the bindings safely, with a strongly reduced weight. As the front straps, it perfectly wraps the tip of the boots or lays on top of them in a more traditional way.
- Buckles: Mg 12: It is the fastest closing system on the market. Its ergonomic shape that accelerates closing and release is particularly appreciated. It now weighs 25% less by replacing aluminum with magnesium, and is even more precise thanks to its new metal release button.
- Disc: Classic: The DRAKE original disk can be mounted on 4 and 3-hold models without a problem! The Classic will enable you to customize your DRAKE bindings and mount them on all the boards you use.
Volk empiezo a producir esquis en 1923, en Alemania, en la ciudad de Straubing. El rico patrimonio de la sociedad esta llena de tradicion y innovacion en terminos de tecnologia de esqui increible, como el "diseno rocker" Perfil Bajo Extendido (ELP) que ha aparecido recientemente. El primero en combinar delicadeza y manejo en la nieve profunda con la versatilidad del all-mountain, para dibujar en dias de tormenta lo mejor que puede. La marca de gama freeski se extiende del Big mountain al All Mountain, pasando por el park y el pipe para hombres como para mujeres.