The intermediate female riders will really appreciate the MELODY since it will open for them the doors of a world of ease and tolerance.
VOLKL made the choice of equipping this model with a light camber combined with soft flex. This makes the MELODY easy to take on any type of terrain for trailing around on or off-piste, carving or attempting the first tricks while preserving good grip on hard snow. The directional freestyle sidecuts and the not very pronounced traditional camber provide good edge grip as well as perfect control at every instant.
Therefore, MELODY is reassuring and avoids many edging faults to allow you to improve in confidence.
- Flex: 3/10
- Tip to tail classic wood core : All Völkl boards are constructed using tip-to-tail and side-to-side Aspen poplar wood strips.
- Slim-Tip construction: The Slim-Tip Construction incorporates a solid and shock-absorbing urethane inlay in the tip and tail sections instead of ABS sidewall material. Benefits include a stylish, slimmer nose, reduced swing - for better board control, perfect for all riders, not just for high-speed rotations in the park!
- Directional Freestyle: Perfect for all terrain riders who are equally at home in the park and backcountry! The sidecut radius is more moderate and directional and has been adjusted to work better with a setback of 20 mm. As a result, these boards react faster and enable fast edge-to-edge turns. Its shape and its lengthened nose provide more flotation in powdery snow.
- Shape with light camber: Easy Camber is a smooth camber with early rise nose and tail. The shorter edge length makes learning turns easier. On icy slopes you get excellent edge-hold and direct riding characteristics. This is the perfect alternative to a Rocker shape: not too direct, but also not too amateur.
- 5x2 Insert System: With the 5x2 and 6x2 systems, the lines of inserts are separated just by 2 cm. Thus, the stance can be more precisely tailored - to the nearest centimetre. The adjustment with discs serve to centre the bindings.
- Sandwich construction: Between the upper and lower layers, a synthetic ABS edge is places at each side of the board to enhance the power transfer from the bindings towards the edges and avoid losing power. The board presents thus a lot of extra reactivity and maximum grip at the level of the edges, allowing steering without effort.
- Triaxial fibreglass at upper and lower layers: This special fibreglass weave has fibres that have been positioned at a 45° angle (+45°/-45°) running tip to tail. Depending on the density of the woven fibre, torsion and flex are enhanced without affecting the thickness of the wood core. This reduces weight, which delivers responsiveness and better edge grip.
Sole and finishing:
- Extruded sole: Produced by fusion, it is very solid and resists damage even better. It is also a good option for the riders who do not was their board regularly - the gliding properties of the great non-waxed soles will never be as good as the ones of a non-waxed extruded sole.
- Stone finishing: Provides the sole with an all mountain structure that works in all the conditions of snow. That increases the absorption of the wax making the board even faster.
- Diamond finishing: The diamond finishing not only makes the edges more resistant but also improves the manoeuvrability and the handling on frozen snow.
Wax finishing: The thin layer of wax will last only for the first outings of the board, but to assure the good gliding of the sole we strongly recommend hot waxing the sole before the first usage.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Peso (g)|
The GLAM W is a snowboard binding focusing on comfort. It also is very versatile and has a feminine touch.
It is a combination of excellent components from spoiler to toe strap. It ensures good support and optimal responsiveness in any situation.
- Chassis: Unibody base
- Spoiler: CORED HIGHBACK / Asymmetric design
- Ankle strap: Comfort Strap / 3D molded anatomical reinforcement
- Toe strap: Convertible Cap Strap
- Buckles: Bi-mat aluminum / S-BEND Strap
- Flange: EVA reinforced sole
- Characteristics on a 0 to 10 basis:
Front rigidity 7
Lateral flex 7
Volk empiezo a producir esquis en 1923, en Alemania, en la ciudad de Straubing. El rico patrimonio de la sociedad esta llena de tradicion y innovacion en terminos de tecnologia de esqui increible, como el "diseno rocker" Perfil Bajo Extendido (ELP) que ha aparecido recientemente. El primero en combinar delicadeza y manejo en la nieve profunda con la versatilidad del all-mountain, para dibujar en dias de tormenta lo mejor que puede. La marca de gama freeski se extiende del Big mountain al All Mountain, pasando por el park y el pipe para hombres como para mujeres.