The NANUQ is the most versatile freeride-touring ski within the VOLKL range.
Just as the Nunataq, it has a light construction but also thinner with its respectable 96 mm at waist. This incorporation of the Tip Rocker construction allows better flotation and easy cornering, while the classical camber on the rest of the ski provides better grip on hard snow and facilitates skids.
This manoeuvrable and enjoyable ski at the ascent is efficient downhill on any kind of snow.
- Multi Layer Woodcore Light: Multi-layer wood core (selection of lightwood) along the entire length of the ski.
- Power Construction
- Tip Rocker: The ski has a length of edge widely variable on the front. The height of the rocker is moderate. The variable edge length in the tip area makes the ski easier to turn. The curved area in waist and tail provides precision and support for beginners and advanced skiers.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)||Peso unitario|
The eagerly awaited new BEAST 16 is the fruit of the collaboration of Dynafit with many freeriders to provide a lightweight, efficient, and reassuring solution for committed freeriders who choose to ascend using the strength of the calf.
Indeed, the Beast 16 responds to the main fault of the famous Low Tech: the trigger.
The Beast 16, designed to withstand the stresses of freeride skiing, has as main features:
- Secure triggering of the toe piece and the heel piece
- Light weight (935 grams)
- DIN tightening up to 16
- Wide base to adapt to wider skis with better transmission of support
Available in a limited edition of 2 500 pairs.
- Precise and perfectly coordinated release mechanisms (Heel and Toe).
- Rotation toe piece to preventing nuisance releases during side impacts. (patent pending)
- Rear pivot point construction enables extra vertical movement thus increasing the release path to 10mm from 4mm. (patent pending)
- New more elastic structure, allowing you to store a greater amount of energy during dynamic stresses as jumps. (patent pending)
- Binding entry achieved by pressing the heel down : Entry force is therefore low even when the release value is high (DIN range 6-16), providing conveniententry in deep snow with higher DIN values. (patent pending)
- Low binding height ensuring direct contact with ski (rear 23mm; front 17mm with DYNAFIT Vulcan boot).
- Low forward-lean angle between front of foot (toe) and heel (rear) provides an extremely stable and smooth ride = minimal ramp angle.
- New, specially designed boot-heel insert for maximum force absorption even at DIN 16 plus optimum power transfer between binding and boot. (patent pending)
- System with outstanding torsional rigidity due to boot’s 4 attachment point system. (patent pending)
- Extra-wide binding baseplate as well as bore-holetemplate designed in line with maximum norm dimensions. This design is specially made for broad shovel skis (minimum waist width of 80mm).
- Frameless construction means no lifted weight during the ascent. World first: Frameless ski touring binding with release value of DIN 16.
- Maximum stride thanks to traditional DYNAFIT pivotpoint.
- Stop skis 105mm.
- All these features are combined with the fact that these are THE LIGHTEST SYSTEM with release value of DIN 16.
|Peso (g)||Peso unitario|
Volk empiezo a producir esquis en 1923, en Alemania, en la ciudad de Straubing. El rico patrimonio de la sociedad esta llena de tradicion y innovacion en terminos de tecnologia de esqui increible, como el "diseno rocker" Perfil Bajo Extendido (ELP) que ha aparecido recientemente. El primero en combinar delicadeza y manejo en la nieve profunda con la versatilidad del all-mountain, para dibujar en dias de tormenta lo mejor que puede. La marca de gama freeski se extiende del Big mountain al All Mountain, pasando por el park y el pipe para hombres como para mujeres.