With the SELECTA, rediscover the sensation of surfing on powdery snow!
The sophisticated combination of Pin-Tail and Rocker Shape provides maximum flotation in powder; you will be able to surf even in the flattest terrain while others have the feeling of "sinking" in. In addition, the extremely light wood core and coating reduce the weight even more. The result: An easy-to-control board with great response. At the same time, the unique Powder Channel in the tail works like the fin of a surfboard increasing the stability and grip of the board. While you are carving lines in the white waves, it still provides you with grip even in the lightest powdery snow. You will not stop anymore even if there is no fresh snow, the removal of the Pin-Tail and the pop of the Carbon fibre make the SELECTA carve as the queen of the tracks.
- Flex 6/10
- Ultra-Light Topsheet : Maximum weight reduction! At 0.3mm, this high-tech topsheet is razor thin and requires a specific print technology.
- Tip-to-Tail Ultra-Light Woodcore : For our light woodcore, we use ultra-light poplar with its low density to reduce weight by 20% without sacrificing stability. The combination of carbon (in the lower and triaxial weaves) and aramid inlays, produce an exceptional board flex with unprecedented stability for this weight.
- Pin-Tail Shape : This Directional Freeride Sidecut incorporates even more setback with the nose being considerably wider than the tail. This flex modification, as well as the different concave radii of the nose and tail, are among the characteristics of this shape. It makes for a unique "surf" feel in the snow, with extra benefits in the powder: the nose floats perfectly while the tail grips. On the piste, this shape allows for quick edge-to-edge turning and increased edge pressure along the tail.
- All-Mountain / Powder Rocker : This rocker is longer and more concave in the nose than in the tail, which results in maximum float in powder. In the backcountry it offers a fun ride without sacrificing grip and precise edge-to-edge turns.
- Powder Channel : The unique Powder Channel overcomes the drawbacks of conventional swallow tail constructions! The flexible channel closes the gap in the woodcore, making switch riding in powder and on piste super fun. The channel’s special scoop alters the way the snow flows under the board. Like a surfboard fin, it provides extreme stability and an incomparable surf feel in powder.
- Wooden sidewalls with TPU dampening : Lab tests showed that wooden sidewalls have a more balanced flex curve than conventional ABS sidewalls without sacrificing stability! Völkl’s wooden sidewalls consist of several connected layers of strong armour wood – a stunning visual feature! A complex special impregnation process protects the wood against moisture and the effects of Mother Nature. Brand-new: a dampening layer made of shock-absorbing PU in between sidewall and edge. This TPU dampening is a thermal-plastic polyurethane which is especially flexible.
- Flat-Area Top Construction : The complete upper beam is flattened in the Flat-Area next to the sidewalls which results in a more diffused power transmission on the edges. Benefits are smooth, forgiving riding characteristics, weight reduction and a unique look.
- Völkl Premium Carbon weave / POP 4.0: A complete layer of Völkl Premium Carbon for minimum weight, more smoothness and maximum response.
Back in 2013, the CAGE V1 is a light binding that focuses on comfort and flexibility. Not neglecting performance, it revisits its components in order to improve and become an even more efficient and comfortable binding. To be more precise, it is equipped with:
- a mono-block flange in nylon fibres of glass more flexible that the HCX series,
- new lean flanks,
- a spoiler and perforated straps,
- a gas pedal adjustable without tools
- the new pads in EVA foam Triad 3 zones toes-disc-heel.
An accessible binding due to its flexibility and price that will be the unanimity among riders.
- Buckles - materials: AlumaLight
- Flange: CPU2
- Spoiler : MainFrame
- Straps : Pounder
- Triad Pads 40-50 Shores : The bearing shells in EVA envelop the gas pedal, the disc and the heel for shock absorption and considerable less vibration.
- EVA indicator of durability: All our MagneBeds and Triad Pads are formed of a medium pads, plus one at the front and one at the heel ; each pad is therefore designed to present a value of different hardness scale (Shore A) adapted to a specific function: • 50 A to 60 A: improves responsiveness with an average high for median / front pads • 40 A: increases shock absorption with a lower value for the heel pad. Choose the combination that best fits your style of slides and enjoy the perfect blend of comfort and performance.
|Peso (g)||Tamano EU||Tamano MP||Unit weight|
Volk empiezo a producir esquis en 1923, en Alemania, en la ciudad de Straubing. El rico patrimonio de la sociedad esta llena de tradicion y innovacion en terminos de tecnologia de esqui increible, como el "diseno rocker" Perfil Bajo Extendido (ELP) que ha aparecido recientemente. El primero en combinar delicadeza y manejo en la nieve profunda con la versatilidad del all-mountain, para dibujar en dias de tormenta lo mejor que puede. La marca de gama freeski se extiende del Big mountain al All Mountain, pasando por el park y el pipe para hombres como para mujeres.