Manoeuvrability and comfort are certainly among the strengths that make the SOUL SURFER successful.
The combination of flex, pin-tail and tip rocker makes the board extremely pleasant to ride. It can handle bumpy tracks and absorbs vibrations, giving you the impression of flying above the surface. At the same time, the overall configuration feels soft – perfect for easy and effortless turns in the powder or on the slope. After all, the Soul Surfer is no racing machine, but a real Easy Rider.
The icing on the cake is the environmentally friendly recycled wooden veneer topsheet which Volkl has chosen instead of the usual topsheet with plastic and huge amounts of fibreglass.
- Flex 9/10
- Tip to tail Supreme Woodcore : Our Tip-to-Tail Supreme Woodcore is made of Aspen-Falcatta wood stringers with four bands of Falcatta wood integrated in the core. Combining these wood strips gives the core the best dampening and flex properties, providing outstanding performance.
- Slim Tip Construction : Unlike conventional sandwich construction, the Slim-Tip Construction incorporates a solid and shock-absorbing urethane inlay in the tip and tail sections instead of ABS sidewall material. Benefits include a stylish, slimmer tip, reduced swing - for better board control, perfect for all riders, not just for high-speed rotations in the park!
- Directional Freeride Sidecut : Directional boards have more setback and thus a longer nose. A different nose and tail flex combined with an asymmetrical sidecut radius provides more edge pressure and control at high speeds. The nose is not only wider but also has a more raised concave radius compared to the tail. It’s perfect for more flotation in powder snow and fast edge-to-edge turns on the downhill.
- Pin-Tail Shape : This Directional Freeride Sidecut incorporates even more setback with the nose being considerably wider than the tail. This flex modification, as well as the different concave radii of the nose and tail, are among the characteristics of this shape. It makes for a unique "surf" feel in the snow, with extra benefits in the powder: the nose floats perfectly while the tail grips. On the piste, this shape allows for quick edge-to-edge turning and increased edge pressure along the tail.
- All-Mountain / Powder Rocker : This rocker is longer and more concave in the nose than in the tail, which results in maximum float in powder. In the backcountry it offers a fun ride without sacrificing grip and precise edge-to-edge turns.
- Wooden sidewalls with TPU dampening : Lab tests showed that wooden sidewalls have a more balanced flex curve than conventional ABS sidewalls without sacrificing stability! Völkl’s wooden sidewalls consist of several connected layers of strong armour wood – a stunning visual feature! A complex special impregnation process protects the wood against moisture and the effects of Mother Nature. Brand-new: a dampening layer made of shock-absorbing PU in between sidewall and edge. This TPU dampening is a thermal-plastic polyurethane which is especially flexible.
- Flat-Area Top Construction : The complete upper beam is flattened in the Flat-Area next to the sidewalls which results in a more diffused power transmission on the edges. Benefits are smooth, forgiving riding characteristics, weight reduction and a unique look.
- Völkl Premium Carbon weave / POP 4.0: A complete layer of Völkl Premium Carbon for minimum weight, more smoothness and maximum response.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Peso (g)||Unit weight|
Volk empiezo a producir esquis en 1923, en Alemania, en la ciudad de Straubing. El rico patrimonio de la sociedad esta llena de tradicion y innovacion en terminos de tecnologia de esqui increible, como el "diseno rocker" Perfil Bajo Extendido (ELP) que ha aparecido recientemente. El primero en combinar delicadeza y manejo en la nieve profunda con la versatilidad del all-mountain, para dibujar en dias de tormenta lo mejor que puede. La marca de gama freeski se extiende del Big mountain al All Mountain, pasando por el park y el pipe para hombres como para mujeres.