ZAG is “THE” freeride company
From now on, ZAG is on the front of the freeride scene thanks to an innovative and qualitative approach of its products.
The H112 is the weapon of the top level freeriders, the perfect choice for hardcore freeriders who like to ski fast, hard and efficiently.
Developed with and skied by Julien LOPEZ, the H112 is the first rocker ski to win the World Freeride Championship.
The ZAG ROCKER RX technology :
Traditional camber underfoot for extra grip on hard snow as well as greater stability.
- Differing degrees of rocker for tip (more rocker) and tail (less rocker), for more dynamic performance
For all our skis, we have chosen of quality and solidity. We use a traditional sandwich construction still used this day on practicaly all the race skis.
Phénol plate :
A very thick layer of fiber placed under the foot for a better résistance against ripping out of the bindings. Two times stronger than the required level (2600 Newton for two screws)
The four double-layers of fiberglass make for a softer ski, allowing ZAG skis to be more accessible
for everyone. The two top layers of the wood core are of different lengths for absorbing the terrain better. The two lower layers come to the same level as the edge to reinforce it from shocks and a better transfer of pressure. The freeride pro range all have a third layer of fiberglass above the wood core for better reinforcement and solidity.
Poplar wood on the whole length of ski
This technology offers good mechanical
characteristics, a good endurance and a
great vibration absorbing system.
« Isosport’s » thick stone grinded base, a thin crossed structure, hot-waxed on leaving the factory.
The structure has been specially studied to offer
the best performance on cold snows.
Edge : We use thick steel edges for a better solidity. « Rockwell » stiffness level : 100 HRC Ceramic edges sharpened to 89°.
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)||Unit weight|
A lighter weight cousin of the Duke model, the BARON EPF is mainly aimed at lightweight freeriders (less than 120kg though). The new EPF technology greater power transmission on fat skis (over 98 mm). Although it is oriented toward descent, the BARON EPF has all the attributes of a touring binding: 2 position climbing bar, adjustable toe piece depending on the type of boot (touring or alpine), and option to add crampons.
- DIN 4 to 13
- EPF - Extended Power frame : The power booster. The new power frame, exclusively designed for the new Duke EPF, delivers breath-taking performance and amazing power transfer in every condition. Recommended for skis over 88 mm.
- Climbing bar : The titanium climbing aid offers two positions with 7° and 13° which can easily be accessed with the ski pole, even in an unstable standing position. Integrated elastomer paddings dampen the impact reducing the irritating traditional “clack” and allow more comfortable hiking.
- Triple Pivot Elite Toe : The toe construction with DIN/ISO up to Z 18 allows for impressive retentions when freeriding. The spring in the toe is inserted horizontally and with a sole plate inclined by 5° it provides the highest energy absorption so as to reduce the risk of early release. A large surface optimises the power transfer and allows high energy use. The toe pieces with this technology deliver an unparalleled level of performance in relation to their weight.
- AFD Stainless Steel : All MARKER bindings are equipped with a moveable AFD (anti friction device) leading to a highly precise release almost entirely unhindered by dirt, snow and ice! Adjustment of the AFD to the area of application ensures perfect functionality - from racing,for children’s bindings or on ski tours.
- Inter-Pivot Heel Piece : The stunning heel construction delivers superior holding power for free riding, featuring DIN/ISO6-16. The Inter Pivot Heel directs the power forces in the angle of elasticity improving the holding power and reducing pre-releases.
- Backcountry Technology : The uphill hiking mode integrated in the Duke binding features easy adjustment from Ride to Hike. The climbing bar offers a 7° and 13° position. During the descent the BCT lever is protected from unwanted releases. A 40 mm backward movement of the binding in BC mode results in a better balanced and easier kick turns
|Peso (g)||Unit weight||V_T_longueur_semelle_min-max|
Fundada en 2002, ZAG es la marca de freeride por excelencia.
ZAG esquis estan disenados por apasionados por apasionados que ponen toda su energia en esta practica particular de esqui, hecha de la libertad, sensaciones magicas fuera de pista.
ZAG es para los amantes de la nieve en polvo, travesia, desmonte en helicopteros... sino tambien a los partidarios de las pistas mas exigentes.
La marca se impone una innovacion continua para permitir a los esquiadores a elegir el mejor camino, la mejor trayectoria y velocidad, el mejor deslizamiento, todo en un control y comodidad absoluto.
Zag esquis estan disenados para hacer accesible el fuera de pista para el mayor numero.
Nuevos shapes cada vez mas innovadoros, riders de clase mundial y una verdadera comunidad son hoy lo que hace el exito de la marca de Seez, ahora instalada en Chamonix.