Belonging to the Big Powder 2014 series with skis of broad dimensions dedicated to big conditions of powdery snow, the SLAP XL is a ski designed in collaboration with the women riders of the Zag team for detonative performances.
XL Version of the classic Slap model, its side lines have been expanded for even more comfort and manoeuvrability in deep snow. Integrating the Zag Rocker RX technology, the ski has a classic camber under the foot and a rocker in tip and tail Thanks to this association, the ski is easy to rotate and to lift off on deep snow, while guaranteeing a good behaviour on hard snow thanks to its grip and dynamism.
Extra wide, this ski is a real toy in powdery snow, ideal for the freerider who wants to fly above the snow.
- Technology ZAG Rocker RX: Classic ski in camber under the foot associated with a rocker (reverse camber) in tip and tail. This technology offers easy skis to rotate, lift off and allows a very good behaviour on hard snow.
- Traditional sandwich construction
- Plate of Phenol: a very thick layer of Phenol fibre is placed under the binding for an increased resistance to the tear-off.
- Core: - Glue-laminated poplar timber all along its length. This technology offers very good mechanical characteristics, a very good durability and a good depreciation of the land.
- Glass fibre: A total of 4 layers of Biaxial fiberglass offer exceptional strength and longevity. The 2 layers above the wood core have different lengths for better cushioning of the field. The 2 layers below the core come up above the edge for a better reinforcement of edges in case of shock and better transmission of energy.
- Sole: - Sintered sole thickens (isosport) stone finish, thin cross structure and hot waxing in our workshops in Chamonix. The structure is specially studied to offer the best performance on the cold snow.
- Edge: We use thick edges in steel for better durability.
Index of Rockwell hardness: 100 HRC. All our skis are prepared by us with an angle of 89° and base on the edge of 0.5°
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)|
A lighter weight cousin of the Duke model, the BARON EPF is mainly aimed at lightweight freeriders (less than 120kg though). The new EPF technology greater power transmission on fat skis (over 98 mm). Although it is oriented toward descent, the BARON EPF has all the attributes of a touring binding: 2 position climbing bar, adjustable toe piece depending on the type of boot (touring or alpine), and option to add crampons.
- DIN 4 to 13
- EPF - Extended Power frame : The power booster. The new power frame, exclusively designed for the new Duke EPF, delivers breath-taking performance and amazing power transfer in every condition. Recommended for skis over 88 mm.
- Climbing bar : The titanium climbing aid offers two positions with 7° and 13° which can easily be accessed with the ski pole, even in an unstable standing position. Integrated elastomer paddings dampen the impact reducing the irritating traditional “clack” and allow more comfortable hiking.
- Triple Pivot Elite Toe : The toe construction with DIN/ISO up to Z 18 allows for impressive retentions when freeriding. The spring in the toe is inserted horizontally and with a sole plate inclined by 5° it provides the highest energy absorption so as to reduce the risk of early release. A large surface optimises the power transfer and allows high energy use. The toe pieces with this technology deliver an unparalleled level of performance in relation to their weight.
- AFD Stainless Steel : All MARKER bindings are equipped with a moveable AFD (anti friction device) leading to a highly precise release almost entirely unhindered by dirt, snow and ice! Adjustment of the AFD to the area of application ensures perfect functionality - from racing,for children’s bindings or on ski tours.
- Inter-Pivot Heel Piece : The stunning heel construction delivers superior holding power for free riding, featuring DIN/ISO6-16. The Inter Pivot Heel directs the power forces in the angle of elasticity improving the holding power and reducing pre-releases.
- Backcountry Technology : The uphill hiking mode integrated in the Duke binding features easy adjustment from Ride to Hike. The climbing bar offers a 7° and 13° position. During the descent the BCT lever is protected from unwanted releases. A 40 mm backward movement of the binding in BC mode results in a better balanced and easier kick turns
|Peso (g)||Unit weight||V_T_longueur_semelle_min-max|
Fundada en 2002, ZAG es la marca de freeride por excelencia.
ZAG esquis estan disenados por apasionados por apasionados que ponen toda su energia en esta practica particular de esqui, hecha de la libertad, sensaciones magicas fuera de pista.
ZAG es para los amantes de la nieve en polvo, travesia, desmonte en helicopteros... sino tambien a los partidarios de las pistas mas exigentes.
La marca se impone una innovacion continua para permitir a los esquiadores a elegir el mejor camino, la mejor trayectoria y velocidad, el mejor deslizamiento, todo en un control y comodidad absoluto.
Zag esquis estan disenados para hacer accesible el fuera de pista para el mayor numero.
Nuevos shapes cada vez mas innovadoros, riders de clase mundial y una verdadera comunidad son hoy lo que hace el exito de la marca de Seez, ahora instalada en Chamonix.