No compromises !
The brand slogan fits perfectly with the UBAC XL ski touring ski. Versatile and high performance by nature, they are constructed according "Ultra Light" standards, and specially developed to provide a max of grip on snow for a very light ski.
They are just as effective in the climb as they are in descent, and they can promise big beautiful freerando runs.
- Construction : Ultra Light
- Woodcore and a hybrid of glass/carbon fibers
- Nano® torsion box : wood fibre wave tensioning, 35%+ additional torsion rigidity, light, better grip on hard snow, better stability
- Ski unit weight :
|Espátula (mm)||Patin (mm)||Talón (mm)||Radio (m)||Peso (g)||Unit weight|
A lighter weight cousin of the Duke model, the BARON EPF is mainly aimed at lightweight freeriders (less than 120kg though). The new EPF technology greater power transmission on fat skis (over 98 mm). Although it is oriented toward descent, the BARON EPF has all the attributes of a touring binding: 2 position climbing bar, adjustable toe piece depending on the type of boot (touring or alpine), and option to add crampons.
- DIN 4 to 13
- EPF - Extended Power frame : The power booster. The new power frame, exclusively designed for the new Duke EPF, delivers breath-taking performance and amazing power transfer in every condition. Recommended for skis over 88 mm.
- Climbing bar : The titanium climbing aid offers two positions with 7° and 13° which can easily be accessed with the ski pole, even in an unstable standing position. Integrated elastomer paddings dampen the impact reducing the irritating traditional “clack” and allow more comfortable hiking.
- Triple Pivot Elite Toe : The toe construction with DIN/ISO up to Z 18 allows for impressive retentions when freeriding. The spring in the toe is inserted horizontally and with a sole plate inclined by 5° it provides the highest energy absorption so as to reduce the risk of early release. A large surface optimises the power transfer and allows high energy use. The toe pieces with this technology deliver an unparalleled level of performance in relation to their weight.
- AFD Stainless Steel : All MARKER bindings are equipped with a moveable AFD (anti friction device) leading to a highly precise release almost entirely unhindered by dirt, snow and ice! Adjustment of the AFD to the area of application ensures perfect functionality - from racing,for children’s bindings or on ski tours.
- Inter-Pivot Heel Piece : The stunning heel construction delivers superior holding power for free riding, featuring DIN/ISO6-16. The Inter Pivot Heel directs the power forces in the angle of elasticity improving the holding power and reducing pre-releases.
- Backcountry Technology : The uphill hiking mode integrated in the Duke binding features easy adjustment from Ride to Hike. The climbing bar offers a 7° and 13° position. During the descent the BCT lever is protected from unwanted releases. A 40 mm backward movement of the binding in BC mode results in a better balanced and easier kick turns
|Peso (g)||Unit weight||V_T_longueur_semelle_min-max|
Fundada en 2002, ZAG es la marca de freeride por excelencia.
ZAG esquis estan disenados por apasionados por apasionados que ponen toda su energia en esta practica particular de esqui, hecha de la libertad, sensaciones magicas fuera de pista.
ZAG es para los amantes de la nieve en polvo, travesia, desmonte en helicopteros... sino tambien a los partidarios de las pistas mas exigentes.
La marca se impone una innovacion continua para permitir a los esquiadores a elegir el mejor camino, la mejor trayectoria y velocidad, el mejor deslizamiento, todo en un control y comodidad absoluto.
Zag esquis estan disenados para hacer accesible el fuera de pista para el mayor numero.
Nuevos shapes cada vez mas innovadoros, riders de clase mundial y una verdadera comunidad son hoy lo que hace el exito de la marca de Seez, ahora instalada en Chamonix.